ARIZONA WILDCATS HOCKEY
CALL FOR 2019-20
STUDENT MEDIA STAFF
August 12, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Arizona Hockey Student Media Staff Opportunities
University of Arizona Wildcat Hockey is working to provide an experiential learning opportunity through its Arizona Hockey Media Staff, consistent with guidelines for a “100% Engagement” experience.
Selected student media staff will work directly with UA Hockey Media Director Timothy Gassen, an award-winning media professional with decades of professional experience.
Arizona Hockey Media is an award-winning program that helps students gain unique real-world production experiences.
See a short video explaining Arizona Hockey Media opportunities here:
This is a professional one-on-one mentorship program, with hands-on experience offered in two main fields of video and media production:
1) “Live” Game Broadcasts (20 home games for the 2019-20 hockey season at the Tucson Arena)
2) On-location promotional and documentary video producing, shooting, and post-production
Technical experience and hockey knowledge is welcome, but not necessary – Timothy Gassen will train, mentor, and oversee all staff – and tailor each student experience to their level of ability.
Dedication, reliability, and a cooperative team-oriented attitude are traits we value most!
Class credit is also possible for upperclassmen who are eligible for internships through the School of Theatre Film & Television.
One exceptional Arizona Hockey Media student staffer will also eligible for selection by the Media Director to travel with him and the team (expenses paid) to produce media at the National Tournament in Dallas, Texas in March 2020 (if the team qualifies for the tournament).
Arizona Hockey Media student positions:
1) Game Video Crew for multi-camera home game broadcasts (broadcast director, camera operators, press box personnel, etc.).
2) On-camera/on-mic talent for team interviews, game day Facebook and social media promotion, promotional video shoots, etc.
3) Videographers & Video Editors to help produce promotional video content (game hype promo clips, coach and player interviews, Coach’s show, etc.) for use in the Tucson Arena, broadcast, Web, and social media.
4) Game Day Social Media production: creating and posting of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) from the Tucson Arena press box and throughout arena before and during home games.
5) Still Photographers: shoot game action and promo shots for print, broadcast, web and arena use.
UA Hockey starts its home season October 17, and student interviews, staff selection, and training for all positions will begin shortly after the start of Fall semester.
Please look at the home game schedule to determine the level of your availability before contacting us.
Student availability for all 20 home games is REQUIRED for many of the student positions.
The full 2019-2020 home hockey schedule is here: https://www.arizonawildcathockey.org/news_article/show/1038930
See more of our previous Arizona Hockey Media video productions and game broadcasts here:
Interested UA students should contact UA Hockey Media Director Timothy Gassen ASAP via email at AZpuckMan@gmail.com with a short description of their previous media education and experience, future professional goals, and a statement of interest in a specific Student Media Staff position.
Thank you, and Bear Down!